Applications until 31/07/22
Date posted: July 16, 2022
Location: 1927 Ford Ave, Richmond, Virginia 23223, USA
SwimRVA is looking for a dynamic Age Group Head Coach to lead our growing age group and development program. The SwimRVA Rapids is a fast-growing competitive program with over 500 swimmers in Richmond, Virginia. The Age Group Head Coach will oversee two levels of the program consisting of 200 swimmers and four full-time and part-time assistant coaches. The right coach is one who demonstrates high energy, leadership and adaptability as we continue to grow our impact in the Richmond area.
SwimRVA understands that our coaches are at the forefront of our business. We invest in developing each associate towards their full potential and career goals with professional development opportunities and continuous learning. We are looking for energetic coaches who want the opportunity to expand their knowledge and engage with a growing team.
SwimRVA’s mission is to elevate swimming in the Richmond area by making water safety and aquatic fitness more accessible to everyone.
Richmond, Virginia is also one of the coolest places to live! Here in the Richmond area, a creative culture has sprung up through the cobblestones. Here, murals cover the walls of local restaurants and shops. We have charming neighborhoods like the Fan District, which was named one of the best neighborhoods in the South by Southern Living. Major art museums attract national attention. Artisans share their talents in shops and markets. Here too, cooking is an art. In fact, National Geographic put us on their list of – yes, “10 Best Places to Travel to Eat”. Crossing it all: the James River. You can white-water raft through downtown on its Class III and Class IV rapids. Bike the Virginia Capital Trail along the James. Or, just hang out on the river rocks with your dog. We are a place of stories, with over 300 historical markers to prove it. A place of architectural feast for the eyes. A place where you can drive from one great experience to another, and it’s less than a day from most of the east coast.
Come grow with us at SwimRVA and enjoy the playground we call RICHMOND!
- 3+ years as Head Coach or Assistant Coach
- Current USA Swim Coach Certification
- ASCA level 3 or higher
- Preferred bachelor’s degree
- Supervisory or management experience preferred
Ideal candidates would also have:
- Desire to continue growing and training in the sport
- Ability to work with all age groups
- Ability to train and develop assistant coaches
- Ability to work within the LSC in leadership roles
- Refer to the head coach.
- Head Coach of the SwimRVA Junior Training Group and overseeing the development and training of the SwimRVA Age Group Training Group.
- Lead and manage training and competition plans for junior and age group levels.
- Supervise one full-time coach and up to four part-time coaches
- Create workout schedules, stick to schedules, and effectively resolve staff and family issues and concerns.
- Ensure the direction of the age group program is aligned with the goals of the team, senior program and SwimRVA mission
- Participate in travel/swimming meets as needed
- Foster strong communication with parents, coaches, athletes and administrators
- Plan and implement team building and social activities
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience.
How to register
Please email your CV with a cover letter, references and other documents to the Assistant Director of Business Administration, Kim Wiiki: [email protected] Want to talk about the job? Contact Head Coach Jonathan Kaplan [email protected]
5050 Ridgedale Drive
Richmond, Virginia 23234