Part-time studio assistant
ORA is a woman-owned architecture and design firm located in the Arts District of downtown Los Angeles. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for an energetic Studio Assistant to help us run our studio smoothly and efficiently.
We believe that a truly diverse and culturally vibrant workplace includes people of different demographics, identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and personalities. We enjoy working with people united by our firm’s values and enthusiastic about contributing to our collective success.
This position is ideal for a highly responsible, detail-oriented individual who can calmly and effectively organize and manage different personalities and a range of day-to-day activities. The role can be tailored to the skills and interests of the right candidate. If you enjoy an open studio environment, are creative, adaptable and proactive in the way you work; and looking to develop and develop your skills, we’d love to hear from you!
Applicants must possess the following:
- Thrives wearing many hats in an open and creative studio environment
- Professional, open-minded, proactive and dynamic attitude
- Communicate clearly, effectively and concisely
- Initiate tasks and complete tasks with minimal guidance
- Attention to detail with a meticulous eye for editing and consistency
- Effectively follow instructions, organize, prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Experience in creative or professional services industries, where you have demonstrated and enjoyed similar responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills Google Workplace, Adobe Reader and MS Office
- Graphic design skills in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign are a plus
- Supervise the reception of studios, visitors and customers
- Maintain an organized and orderly office
- Manage office calendar, studio events and field trips
- Liaise with consultants and vendors
- Assist the accountant with the monthly invoicing process
- Assist with employee timesheet and reimbursable expenses
- Assist with business taxes, insurance, licensing and membership renewals
- Assist with the onboarding and departure of employees
- Support design staff with day-to-day requests
- Manage industry trade accounts
- Help with social media
- Support for marketing/business development projects
This is a part-time position (20 hours per week), in person. We can arrange flexible days/times to suit your needs. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. Our benefits package for part-time employees includes paid PTO, vacation and an annual training allowance.
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter summarizing your qualifications, availability and why you think you are a good candidate for this position in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about ORA, please visit our website at www.ora.la
View your application history
Back to task list…