- Term (2.5 years), full-time (37.5 hours)
- ACLEB | $97,000 to $115,000 plus 10% employer pension contributions
- Salary Conditioning Opportunities
- Ref: 4003A01/129315
The Information Technology (IT) discipline at Murdoch University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate courses for future and existing IT professionals, both in Perth and globally transnational in Singapore and Dubai.
In addition to teaching activities, we undertake innovative research in computer vision, machine learning and artificial intelligence, visualization, computer graphics and virtual reality, cybersecurity, networks and IoT, and enterprise information systems.
Murdoch University is seeking to appoint a researcher with strong research experience and expertise in 3D computer vision, 3D shape analysis (statistics), machine learning for 3D computer vision and graphics.
As a 3D computer vision researcher, you will be part of the research project “Shape4D: Modeling and Exploring the Spatio-Temporal Deformation Patterns in the 3D Shape of Biological Objects”, funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC) through the Discovery Schema of the project.
The position is for 2.5 years, with the possibility of extension subject to the availability of funding and performance and will work under the supervision and guidance of Associate Professors Hamid Laga and Ferdous Sohel.
What you will bring to this role
- A PhD in 3D computer vision, computer graphics, 3D geometry processing or machine learning for 3D computer vision,
- Strong research expertise in these areas, as evidenced by a history of publications in top journals and conferences,
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with different stakeholders,
Candidates should refer to the job description for more details on the job requirements, duties, skills and experience required for this role. Applicants must have valid employment rights.
What you will get in return
You will be part of a dynamic and talented team, work in an innovative and dynamic university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch.
Our employees enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Rights to paid leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary conditioning options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-campus services and facilities, including daycare, gym, veterinary hospital and chiropractic clinic
Please apply by submitting the documents below:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the job description)
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A statement on the selection criteria
Incomplete applications, i.e. applications missing any of the documents listed above, will be automatically rejected.
Please visit the Current Vacancies page to view the job description for this role.
Please see the Applicant’s Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or e-mail will not be accepted. Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Job Contact: Hamid Laga, Associate Professor in Information Technology: H.Laga@murdoch.edu.au
Murdoch University values diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disabilities to apply. Applicants who require assistance or access are encouraged to flag this at the time of application, to ensure that appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing Date: June 1, 2022 (AUGUST 9:59 p.m.)
The University reserves the right to withdraw this announcement at any time.