The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for the post of Researcher or Research Assistant.
The successful candidate will actively contribute to a major £5 million collaborative project between NVIDIA’s R&D labs and QUB’s Strategic Center for Secure Information Technology (CSIT) and engage in challenging research projects related to cybersecurity to improve the AI-centric data center based on the data processing unit (DPU). security, investigate DPU-centric threat detection techniques, and evaluate hardware-accelerated DPU use cases.
It is an exciting time for the right candidate to join our team and the incumbent must undertake new research and actively participate in the development of proof of concept demonstrators and performance benchmarking in close collaboration with the staff of the NVIDIA R&D labs.
This position is to be filled on a fixed-term contract until April 30, 2023.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/cover letter (or application form) must clearly demonstrate that you have:
Research Assistant (AC1):
- 2:1 Honors degree in Computer Science (CS) / Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) / Mathematics (or related discipline).
- At least 1 year of demonstrable research experience of:
- Software development skills at systems or embedded level (preferably in C/C++/Python); and
- Academic or industrial research in Cybersecurity, Machine Learning or GPU.
Researcher (AC2): (in addition to the above)
- Have or be about to obtain a PhD in CS/EEE/cybersecurity.
- At least 3 years of demonstrable experience in:
- Research/work experience in a field related to AI, ML or cybersecurity;
- Undertake and complete research projects related to machine learning and GPUs; and
- Undertake research on information security, artificial intelligence, machine learning and related frameworks.
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. For more information on the role, including essential and desirable criteria, click on the “Candidate Information” link below.
Fixed-term contract positions are available for the period indicated initially, but in special circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to the availability of funds.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunity for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) that help us advance equality.
We also endorse Equality Charter marks such as the NI Diversity Charter mark in addition to Athena Swan. For more information on our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
About the school
About the project
Attractive reward package
Additional information for international applicants