The College of Computing and Information Science (CCIS) at Prince Sultan University aims to provide world-class education in computer science, information systems and engineering for undergraduate and graduate programs. The College offers bachelor’s degree programs in computer science, bachelor’s degree in information systems, bachelor’s degree in software engineering, master’s degree in software engineering, master’s degree in cybersecurity and soon a doctorate. program. The Bachelor of Computer Science program and Information Systems programs are ABET accredited, the Software Engineering program is expected to achieve ABET accreditation status in 2022.
The CCIS Graduate Program at Prince Sultan University is seeking applicants with the rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor for the upcoming academic year 2022/2023, which begins in September 2022. Qualified applicants with appropriate experience in the world academic and industrial who are able to contribute to the fields of:
- Cybersecurity governance, risk management, compliance.
- Cryptography (applied and quantum) and computer privacy.
- Cybersecurity in emerging technologies and distributed systems such as blockchain, IoT, AI.
- ISO, NIST, COBIT and related international standards
- Security of cyber-physical systems, penetration testing and ethical hacking.
- The position requires a Ph.D. Degree in software engineering, cybersecurity or equivalent. A suitable candidate would demonstrate:
- Quality teaching and learning approach.
- Experience or the ability to obtain external funding and produce high quality, independent and collaborative research.
- Experience or proof of publication potential in major peer-reviewed international journals (ISI and Scopus Q1, Q2). Also, should be able to build research teams, research fund proposals, etc.
- Experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research students.
- The ability to develop new areas of the program when needed
The starting level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience and knowledge. Successful applicants will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, conduct research, supervise student work, and engage in scholarship and administrative work toward the college and community.
ABOUT THE CCIS GRADUATE PROGRAM:
The CCIS graduate program aspires to prepare top-quality graduates for the job market by providing rigorous, in-depth and up-to-date computer science. The program is intended to establish a solid foundation for a pioneering industry in software engineering, cybersecurity and data science. Wherein, the preparation of qualified experts and leaders in these fields is evidenced not only by industry best practices but also by constructive applied research. The program includes two active master’s programs, namely Cybersecurity and Software Engineering, and is working towards establishing a Ph.D. and introduce other master’s programs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is constantly expanding and its campus is located in new, well-equipped premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as listed below. -above ;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for employee and dependents residing in the Kingdom (spouse and 4 children under 24);
- Transportation allowance;
- Return tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children under 18) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) leave of two (2) months, plus 2 paid local holidays of approximately 15 days each (if applicable);
- School fees of up to 30,000 Saudi Riyals for children attending school in the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will receive a housing allowance based on their academic rank.
- Annual end-of-service award, which begins on the 2nd year of continuous service (if the candidate has completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to be awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation). Moreover, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is Saudi Arabia’s premier private university and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research, and community service. PSU offers a Foundation Year program in which students develop their skills in English, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physical Education/Health and Recreation to the standards required to study in the following undergraduate English courses:
- IT and information systems
- Finance, Marketing and Accounting
- Aviation management
- Architecture and interior design
- English, translation and applied linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cybersecurity (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
In line with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO REGISTER
Apply with a cover letter to: Recruiting firstname.lastname@example.org
College/Department Recruitment Coordinator Email: email@example.com
Mailing Address: Faculty/Staff Recruitment Officer
Prince Sultan University
Saudi Arabia Phone: +966-11-494-8225 Fax: +966-11-494-8010 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU application form, along with a cover letter in the space below.