- Smart Analytics Center – Berwick, Ballarat or Churchill Campus
- Full-time fixed-term contract until December 1, 2023
- Academic level A6 – $89,651 per year plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
You will support research, collaboration and training of ongoing and future cybersecurity (CS) research projects, developing and commercializing software modules to provide enhanced security for individuals and businesses and to influence national policy by matters of cybersecurity.
You will be:
- conduct research and produce relevant reports and research findings in the field of cybersecurity;
- develop cybersecurity research proposals in collaboration with industrial and academic partners and external funding bodies;
- perform cybersecurity research demonstrations in various forums and support research publication of peer-reviewed journal articles;
- perform administrative functions mainly related to their field of research.
About Federation University
At Federation University, we are committed to making a real difference in the lives of every student and in the communities we serve.
At our University and TAFE campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and Wimmera, we offer world-class education and facilities. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing base in Brisbane, we are uniquely placed to provide pathways from vocational education and vocational training at the TAFE Federation to teaching superior.
The Federation University Strategic Plan 2021-2025 outlines our ambition to be Australia’s leading regional university. Our university and TAFE provide integrated lifelong learning, skills and impactful research that enable people and communities to thrive locally, regionally and globally.
We are the number one university in Australia for First Generation Student Enrollments (Good Universities Guide 2022). With top rankings in Victoria for student support, social equity, skills and employment. (Include only for academic or research positions) This includes:
- Number one in Victoria for Social equality
- Number one in Victoria for Skills development (first cycle)
- Number one in Victoria for Student support (first cycle)
- Number one in Victoria for Skills development (postgraduate)
- Number one in Victoria for Full time job (first cycle)
You will have a PhD in cybersecurity or related fields, with R&D experience in software engineering, cloud computing, distributed databases, and cybersecurity combined with a strong knowledge of computer programming and professional technical writing.
You will possess demonstrated:
- evidence of research expertise in a relevant area of information security, such as cyber threat intelligence, applied blockchain, critical infrastructure security, offensive and defensive cybersecurity, etc. ;
- academic research experience evidenced by publications in high-quality journals and/or research conferences;
- ability to develop partnerships and work collegially with a range of collaborators on research projects, including the development of a grant application proposal; and
- interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
How to register
Please apply before Sunday, November 6, 2022
Candidates are required to submit a curriculum vitae and meet the main selection criteria.
To view the job description, go to careers.federation.edu.au
If you are having technical difficulties with your application, please email the recruitment team or telephone 03 5327 9756. Our job descriptions also indicate a contact person for job specific enquiries.
A workplace for remarkable people
For 150 years, we have reached out to new communities, gradually building a generation of independent thinkers united in the awareness that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions where we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in the student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognizing our commitment to advancing the careers of women, transgender people and diverse gender identities in STEM disciplines of higher education and research.
At Federation University Australia, we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. If you need additional help, please email Organizational Development and Diversity.
Learn more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander employment strategy. For assistance or questions regarding Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please email Organizational Development and Diversity.
What we offer
We foster a positive culture shaped by our values of inclusion, innovation, excellence, empowerment and collaboration, as outlined in the Federation’s Living Values Charter.
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports health and fitness center in Mt Helen https://uqsport.com.au/, in addition to benefits such as purchased time off, annualized hours, flexible working options, salary sacrifice options, on-campus child care (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs, and many other benefits. For more information, visit our LinkedIn Life page or our Time Off and Work-Life Balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_6dvxP8cA.