HOLIDAY REFERENCE: MA-BA -008
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Associate will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all monitoring activities and aspects, including monitoring and collecting information and data on aspects of IRW emergency response based on field visits and contact with beneficiaries. , local councils and NGOs involved in the various emergency activities in Syria, and report the results to the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Associate will also work closely with the MEAL Officers, Area Supervisor, program team and partners as well as to help identify monitoring and reporting needs. The MEAL Associate will be based in the Edlib – Syria offices, with frequent travel to project sites in other sub-offices.
- Monitor activities and results.
- To verify, collect data on satisfaction and feedback from the people we serve and various stakeholders.
- Adjust specific activities in the response if monitoring data indicates that the support provided does not meet quality standards or is not as effective as it could be in meeting priority community needs.
- Communicate any significant changes in the response to stakeholders, including community members, local government.
- Assist the MEAL Officer in ensuring the functionality of beneficiary accountability and complaint mechanisms
- Assist the MEAL Officer in planning field activities and collecting IRW emergency response information from surveillance sites and other sources
- Use participatory methods and approaches for monitoring and discussion with beneficiaries and community leaders.
- Ensure that data collected in the field is immediately processed and transmitted to the MEAL officer before the next field visit.
- Participate in needs assessments, surveys and other assessments in collaboration with local partners and NGOs relevant to IRW.
- Assist the MEAL Officer in preparing regular rounds and other periodic reports.
- Participate in staff meetings and give suggestions on the implementation of field questionnaires.
- Work in coordination with the team and other relevant parties, including IRW project teams, to maintain a regular exchange of information.
- Perform any other assigned duties consistent with the job description as requested by the MEAL Officer.
Other This involves:
Participate in core team activities
Represent the field office at coordination meetings and any other meeting requested.
Provide regular feedback to MEAL Officer and Country Office.
Assist with documentation of project meetings/workshops.
Support for the collection of project stories, reports, lessons learned, good practices, photos and case studies.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree (a health or engineering certificate is preferred)
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Female candidates are strongly preferred for this position.
- Work experience in at least one of these sectors Food Security, Livelihoods, Health and Nutrition, WASH, Education.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing assessment tools (e.g. questionnaire, focus group discussions).
- Competence in the use of statistical packages such as Excel and Kobo collect.
- Strong ability to work in a team and work independently and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, teamwork, flexibility, innovation.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages.
- Arabic as a mother tongue
- Reading and writing in English is essential
- Excellent computer skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, the Internet and research tools.
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to use software required for information management and reporting. (Excel and Word are essential)
• Experience working in the relief or development field, ideally with NGOs. • Experience on monitoring methodologies. • Good understanding of the concepts of health, food security and livelihoods, WASH, education, non-food items/shelter. • Good oral and written report writing skills. • Good communication skills and willingness to work in a team. • Ability to gather information and present it in a report.
The incumbent must respect strict confidentiality in the performance of the duties of educational project officer.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful and flexible.
Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and demonstrate a strong work ethic
How to register
- If you are a reliable, service-minded, low-key, dedicated and highly motivated professional with a strong commitment to the values and beliefs of IRW, please apply by completing the application form from the following link before the closing date .
- Interested candidates who possess the personal specifications mentioned above can apply by completing the job application on the following link before August 30, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. before the closing date.
Please complete all fields in the application link and submit before the deadline, as any incomplete or late applications will be rejected.
The submission of this application does not represent any liability of any kind to the organization, and the organization has the right to set standards it deems appropriate for the position based on the information available on all applicants, and to select the candidates who will attend a job interview. among the candidates according to these standards.
If you have any questions regarding the application, please send them to Syria.Mission@islamicrelief.org.tr