Deborah Nevins & Associates is recruiting. This is an opportunity to be involved in residential design at the highest level and to collaborate with some of the most important architects working in the United States and abroad.
The candidate hired for this position will be involved in all aspects of project development and design, including preparation of presentation materials, schematic design, construction documents, construction observation and project administration. project. The position involves visits to nurseries to label plant material, on-site interaction with clients and collaborating architects, and frequent team meetings with contractors and architects.
Deborah Nevins & Associates was founded over 30 years ago in New York. We are a small firm known for our collaborations with some of the world’s leading architects on exceptional projects in the United States, Europe and the Caribbean. DNA specializes in garden and landscape design for residential projects and major cultural institutions, including the 40-acre park for the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center in Athens, with Renzo Piano Building Workshop, and the expansion of the campus of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.
Very competitive salary, benefits, paid holidays, discretionary annual bonus and pension plan.
For this position, a minimum of three years work experience is preferred, but recent graduates with some experience working in a landscape/architectural office (e.g. during an internship) are also encouraged to apply .
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Exceptional design and presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Mastery of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign; proficiency in additional design and rendering software welcome
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work across multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong interest in horticulture, experience in horticulture preferred
- Would like to work closely with a small team
- Degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA)
Please send your resume, work samples, and cover letter to email@example.com. The cover letter should outline your qualifications, why you chose to pursue landscape architecture/design, and your career goals and aspirations. No phone calls, please.