MIFFLINTOWN — Basketball and wrestling coaches were among the Juniata County School Board endorsements Thursday night.
The board approved a slate of winter sports coaches at Juniata High School, including head boys varsity basketball coach Al Ream, head girls varsity basketball coach Jim Fosselman and college wrestling co-head coaches Adam Barrick and Jarred Dressler.
All the coaches return, except Fosselman. This is his first time as a college basketball head coach. He served for many years as a junior college and junior high school basketball coach. Previously, Fosselman served as the head coach of Lewistown Area High School’s volleyball team.
Men’s basketball coaches will be Erich Graybill, varsity assistant; Tyler Clark and Ben Lauver, middle school; and Scott Clark, Josh Parson and Rich Rush, junior high volunteer assistants.
The women’s basketball team consists of Becca Zendt, varsity assistant; Bruce Brumbaugh and Ellie Shepps, volunteer high school assistants.
Assistant wrestling coaches are Ray Barrick, Anthony Conte and Andy Smith; with volunteer coaches Jeremy Smith, Cole Walter, Darin Whitesel, Phil Bomberger, Shaun Yackey, Mike Robinson, Jacob White, Joe Daubert, Tyler Gilson, Ethan Rode, Caleb Shertzer, Bob Hart, Dylan Treaster, Tyler Feltman and Brandon Matthews; and college coaches Brandon Rowles and Colton Shertzer.
Marissa Boyer was also approved as a college cheerleading counselor, with Desiree Rhea as a college cheerleading counselor.
At East Juniata High School, the board approved winter sports coaches, including head boys varsity basketball coach Justin Hazel and head girls varsity basketball coach Travis Quici.
The basketball coaches for the boys will be Bailey Coder, varsity assistant; Wes Rickenbaugh, college; and Matt Ritzman, Andy Smith and Dave Erb, volunteer coaches.
The women’s basketball team consists of Wes Deihl, varsity assistant; and Chloe Rogeau, Noah Brackbill, Jana Snyder, Adrian Fogle and Marissa Coudriet, volunteer coaches.
Shayden Feltman has been approved for the role of cheerleading advisor.
Danny Reed will coach the air rifle, with Lia Mort, Felicia Porch and Bob Scifano serving as volunteer coaches.
The Board approved applications for the use of the following facilities for:
• Margaret McCann Shimp, Margaret McCann School of Dance, Juniata High School Auditorium, rehearsal and performance, November 11-13, 2022; and June 3 performance and rehearsal dates.
• Maggie Shafferman, Child Evangelism Fellowship, Juniata Elementary School Cafeteria, Good News Club, November 14, 2022-March 13, 2023.
• Bonita Gilson, Juniata High School After-Prom Committee, Juniata High School Cafeteria, Fundraiser Paint Night, November 21, 2022.
• Jan Reisinger, Girls on the Run, Gymnasium and Playground at Juniata Elementary School, Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 27-May 11, 2023.
The board also approved student-related field trips:
• Agricultural Science students at East Juniata High School, Ox Dynasty in Mifflintown, October 18-25, 2022.
• Members of the Juniata High School band, district band rehearsals in Lewistown, November 17, 2022.
• Juniata High School freshmen, Mifflin County Academy of Science and Technology in Lewistown, December 20, 2022.
• Juniata and East Juniata Elementary School students, fifth grade Chorus Fest in Clearfield, May 12, 2023.
The Board approved the following personnel matters:
• Mary Ehrisman hired as driver.
• Jonathan Stouffer, Maintenance Supervisor, retired on October 21, 2022.
• Elizabeth Book, Juniata and East Juniata, long-term substitute math teacher, effective October 8, 2022.
The Board approved the following resignations:
• Clinton Staley, part-time cleaner at Tuscarora Junior High School, resigned effective September 15, 2022.
• Juniata High School paraprofessional Amanda Flasher resigned effective September 30, 2022.
• Tabbetha Van Horn-Price, Mathematics Lecturer, resigned effective October 7, 2022.
• Lia Mort, vocational agriculture teacher at East Juniata High School, resigned on October 14, 2022.
• Amber Lehman, Paraprofessional Level 1 at Juniata High School to Paraprofessional Level 2, transferred retroactively to September 6, 2022 at an hourly rate of $17.67.
The following personnel will be approved, subject to submission of required employment documents:
• Brian Wileman, part-time cleaner from Juniata High School, hired effective October 3, 2022 at an hourly rate of $12.61.
• Ruby Smith, part-time cleaner from Tuscarora Junior High School, hired effective October 3, 2022 at an hourly rate of $15.76.
• Tricia Erhard, Level 2 paraprofessional at Juniata Elementary School, starting October 3, 2022 at an hourly rate of $15.90.
• Meagan Apple, secretary of East Juniata High School, effective October 19, 2022 at an hourly rate of $19.38.
• Morgan Foltz, Level 1 paraprofessional from Juniata Elementary School, effective October 31, 2022 at an hourly rate of $14.02.
• Brenna Goulstone, counselor at East Juniata High School, effective November 7, 2022.
• Holly Carlson, autism support teacher at Juniata Elementary School, November 7, 2022.
• Thelma Leister, Math Interventionist, effective November 7, 2022.