Townsquare Media, an equal opportunity employer, wants all qualified individuals to know about and apply for all work openings that Townsquare Northern New England (Portland, Portsmouth & Augusta) has available.
- Portland Office: One City Center, Portland, Maine 04101
- Portsmouth Office: 292 Middle Road, Dover, NH 03820
- Augusta Office: 56 Western Ave Ste 13, Augusta, ME 04330
Recent College Graduates – Sales and Marketing Apprenticeship
If you’ve ever wondered how to start a lucrative career in media sales and marketing, read on! Townsquare Media, one of the nation’s fastest growing multimedia marketing solutions companies, is now accepting applications for three coveted spots in the first-ever sales and marketing apprenticeship program designed exclusively for recent college graduates. Although you may know us best by our local radio brands Q97.9, WBLM, WCYY and WHOM, Townsquare Media is focused on helping local small and medium businesses create comprehensive marketing campaigns ranging from websites and strategies from research to social media, programmatic advertising, streaming TV and email marketing. This includes creating campaigns with local influencers on area radio stations as well as platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Spotify, YouTube and Facebook. If this sounds like the career for you, keep scrolling.
The objective of this 3-month program is to provide a paid training path to a full-time, permanent position with the Northern New England Townsquare Media Sales Team, based on achievement of sales goals. During your sales and marketing apprenticeship, you will receive:
- Training on how to identify leads, schedule meetings, conduct effective needs analysis meetings, present and close deals, culminating in a Sales Accelerator Certification from the Strategy Center sale
- Training on comprehensive marketing strategies that generate measurable results for businesses
- Online Marketing Certification with Townsquare Interactive
- Real-world experience and mentorship from President’s Club award-winning local account managers
- Access to Townsquare’s proprietary CRM, best-in-class data, market research, digital marketing strategists as well as well-known local radio talent and digital content creators
- Inspiration and incentives that will make this innovative, collaborative and community-driven opportunity both fun and rewarding
- Base salary plus unlimited commissions.
The following describes you:
- Recent graduate and passionate about all things media, sales and marketing
- Competitive, ambitious and enjoys keeping score
- Loves productivity and takes on new and bigger challenges
- They take pride in organizing and creating ways to be more efficient
- Lead with positivity and optimism
- Natural connector and builder of strong personal relationships based on trust
- Adaptable and leans on change
- Likes to persuade others to see things their way
- Push through roadblocks
- Learns quickly and is naturally curious
- Innovative and relentless problem solver
- Has a valid driver’s license, car insurance and a vehicle
- Available to work full-time in person at offices in Portsmouth (NH), Portland or Augusta during the apprenticeship period from Wednesday July 6 to Friday September 23, 2022
All recent college graduates are welcome to apply for this entry-level apprenticeship program. Ideal degrees/experiences include sales, marketing, communications, business administration, entrepreneurship, sports management, psychology, social media, competitive sports, and student/professional leadership positions.
The success of your apprenticeship and the achievement of your sales objectives will be rewarded with a full-time sales position with salary; unlimited commissions; bonus plan; car allowance; technical package with laptop, Bluetooth speaker and mobile phone allowance; plus a full suite of benefits, including health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, discounted employee stock purchase plan, and matched 401K.
Associate Digital Campaign Manager
Townsquare is looking for an Associate Digital Campaign Manager (DCM). This role acts as the technical center that connects sales and our centralized purchasing team. This is a collaborative role assisting sales in campaign structure, buying during campaign launch and acts as a liaison between our customer service team and our local markets. This position reports to the Regional Director of Campaign Management and is ultimately responsible for the design, implementation, optimization and reporting of digital campaigns. Success in this role comes in the form of accelerated sales and reduced campaign cancellations.
- Coach and develop sales professionals on our product capabilities
- Oversee the technical approval of proposals being developed by our sales strategists
- Provide insight and sales suggestions for ongoing campaigns based on feedback from our buyers
Pre-launch of the campaign:
- Coach sales on crafting quality messaging for various tactics (social, SEM, programmatic, etc.)
- Assigns targeting segments based on experience and overall tactical mix
- Delegate sales tasks to complete in order to fully prepare a new client campaign for launch (creation, pixels, KPIs)
- Responsible for compiling all elements of the insertion order and planning the campaign to be broadcast.
After the campaign launch:
- Primary point of contact for local markets that you support with our centralized purchasing, customer service and analytics teams.
- Support the local market as optimisations, revisions, upsells and customer renewals come from our after-sales teams.
- Refine and continually improve continuity between all working groups.
- Manages time; focuses on urgent and important tasks; avoids procrastination; follow up; shows great attention to detail; meet deadlines
- Outstanding communicator. Experience in leading interdepartmental projects.
- Experience with digital ad messaging best practices (doesn’t actually create the ads)
- actively listens; conveys information clearly and effectively; uses professional telephone skills; demonstrates effective business writing skills; demonstrates excellent command of grammar
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure in difficult situations and personalities
- 1+ year of experience in digital advertising
- 4-year college diploma or comparable work experience required
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Relaxed and dynamic work environment
- Possibility of upward mobility
- Laptop provided by the company
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Why Townsquare Ignite?
Townsquare Ignite is a division of Townsquare Media, the nation’s third-largest broadcasting company. We help business owners reach their ideal customers through a combination of programmatic advertising, search engine marketing and more.
Why you’ll love working at Townsquare Ignite
We are a team of driven individuals who push us and those around us to grow personally and professionally. You can expect a dynamic and competitive work environment. To support your success, you will participate in a comprehensive training program, surrounded by a positive and supportive culture that encourages everyone to grow and develop others. We have had countless internal promotions and our goal is to continue the rapid growth of our business. Whatever your professional goals, you will have the opportunity to take steps towards your target and propel your career to new heights!
The safety and health of our employees is our priority, so we are working remotely for now. While our office is open to a limited number of volunteers, all interviews and new hire onboarding are currently virtual.
Media and digital sales manager
Townsquare Media Portsmouth is looking for a dynamic Sales Manager to join our Digital Media and Advertising team! You will sell local advertising for our innovative stations and all of its platforms, as well as programmatic digital and website advertising platforms that include site development, SEO and engagement. Are you commission-driven? Do you have any idea what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, be able to advance at light speed and still have fun – Well, we want to talk to you!
Account Manager (Portsmouth and Portland)
Partners with Media Sales and Marketing Account Executives to ensure the long-term success of Townsquare Media customers by providing sales support, acting as a customer liaison and ensuring the successful implementation of solutions from radio, online and on-site marketing to live events.
What life will be like as a new member of the Townsquare team:
- As the sales team closes media deals, you will play a critical role in order entry for the advertisements, digital campaigns, event sponsorships and promotions they have sold.
- Project management skills will come in handy as you work with a variety of teams and systems to ensure compelling creative is on track to begin on-air, online and on-site on scheduled dates.
- Your passionate attention to detail will help ensure that every program is run seamlessly, and you’ll problem-solve like a pro when challenges arise.
- As your career grows within this entrepreneurial media company, you will have the opportunity to get involved in almost every aspect of this evolving space. This is your chance!
Links to publication: