Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota Campus
Department: Academic Affairs-Engineering Technology
Position: Architectural Engineering Technology Program Instructor
Status: full time
FLSA Type: Exempt Instructor
Salary-annual working hour of 186 days:
- Bachelor’s degree: $50,649 – $61,121 Annual
- Master’s: $54,266 – $65,334 Annual
- Doctorate: $57,883 – $67,443 Annual
Link to: Benefits
Southeast Tech is a technical college located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. For over 50 years, we’ve provided cost-effective, career-relevant training that prepares our students for employment in 24 months or less with some of the region’s top employers. We offer more than 70 degree, diploma, and associate certificate programs in today’s most innovative fields.
This professorship provides courses of the location of the Sioux Falls campus for Agricultural Engineering Technology courses, student counseling, and academic program responsibilities in Southeast Tech’s Engineering Technology Division.
- Develop and teach a competency-based curriculum that provides classroom theory and laboratory application that prepares students for entry-level positions in the program area.
- Promote academic success through appropriate classroom rigor and make student success a primary teaching goal.
- Establish a positive learning environment that promotes dignity, self-respect, safety, and personal/professional growth.
- Monitor and evaluate student effort and homework in class.
- Establish good interpersonal relationships and establish positive relationships with students, colleagues and program committees.
- Coordinate applicable clinical/rotation sites and schedules for student assessment.
- Use the community as a learning resource and as an extension of the classroom.
- Mentor part-time program staff for academic and non-academic content.
- Assist administration in monitoring and maintaining program accreditation requirements.
- Maintain program insight and apply new knowledge gained through professional growth activities and technical training.
- Assume non-teaching and department-related responsibilities, including student recruitment and retention; and as an active participant in company/team/program councils.
- Use the learning management system to deliver courses that can include traditional, hybrid, online, evening, or weekend format.
- Perform duties assigned by the Vice President of Academic Affairs or other designate.
- Preference for a master’s degree in architecture or a master’s degree with 18 hours of graduate study in architecture
- REQUIRED: Bachelor of Architecture with a minimum of three years of architectural work experience in a licensed architectural firm and portfolio review OR Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design with six years of work experience in a licensed architectural firm and portfolio review.
- Experience in post-secondary education and skills-based program development preferred.
- Fully functional with the Microsoft Office suite and online communication tools.
- Ability to design and deliver courses through online/blended instruction using campus learning management systems.
- Post-hire requirement to obtain a South Dakota post-secondary education credential.
- Criminal background check after hiring required.
Join our team and become part of our campus community that is committed to providing educational excellence to the workforce of tomorrow. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Position available immediately and open until filled. EOE.
Follow these steps to apply by choosing the Bold font link at each step :
- STEP 1: Complete it Job application provide references from people who have handled and are familiar with your professional work.
- 2ND STEP: Download the Application documents in the “CV” box and authorize the online “Consent Form”.
- Required application documents for this position include your curriculum vitae and/or Curriculum Vitae (CV) AND copies or your applicable transcripts and certifications.
To apply, click on the link and apply on our site.
Back to task list…