Who we are:
Fire Maker Brewing Company is a start-up brewery in West Midtown, Atlanta, Georgia. The Fire in Fire Maker represents the burning passion and ambition that we all have within us, that desire to accomplish our goals and dreams. A firemaker is someone who goes out and lives life to the fullest. It’s who we are, and we want to be the beer people have while pursuing and celebrating the achievement of their goals. Sounds good so far? So read on, life-loving friend!
A strong team, like a good beer, is the sum of its parts. Our next necessary ingredient is the brewery sales rep.
So who are the people behind Fire Maker? Our owner has a decade of experience in the Georgia liquor scene with a background in the retail and craft brewing side of the industry. Our head brewer brings 12 years of professional brewing experience to the company. Additionally, our Marketing Manager has a decade of experience in the visual arts and over 4 years in branding and marketing businesses. Everyone at Fire Maker is extremely passionate about their work and we are looking for someone with the same mindset to join our team.
The Brewery Sales Representative will be our face in the market and sell our brands throughout the Greater Atlanta area in onsite and offsite accounts. The Brewery Sales Representative works in partnership with the Owner to maintain the company’s vision and culture in the greater Atlanta market. The Brewery Sales Representative will be passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer. They will enjoy spending time in marketing to educate and sell our delicious beers to consumers. This is not an entry level position, we are looking for an experienced Beer Sales Representative who wants to join and grow with a start-up business. We want someone who loves selling beer and winning in the market!
Supports Fire Maker core values and goals
· Maintain and develop relationships with targeted accounts.
Can build lasting relationships with buyers and decision makers from various accounts
· Find the right accounts for our products. We don’t just want to pack the shelves, we want real placements that make sense and consistently get our product across.
Build a new smart business to achieve sales goals
Solid experience in the sale of alcohol on the spot and to take away
· Work closely with our distribution partners. A good collaboration with them can lead to success for everyone.
· Good knowledge of beer styles, descriptions and brewing process.
· Ensure that Fire Maker looks like a winner in every account. (we will ask what this means…)
Build relationships with our sales reps and distributor managers in the market, and assist them with Fire Maker products
Work with multiple distribution companies and coordinate with them to succeed in the market
· Organize/participate in weekly events such as: beer dinners, beer festivals, tap takeovers, various promotions and other events as required.
Work with the CEO to develop business plans and annual sales reviews
· Great communication skills
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Extraordinary time management and organizational skills
· Create action plans for market success and use sales records to ensure successful follow-up with all business contacts.
· Consistency with the daily use of the sales software
· Be able to remain professional at events and in situations where the taps are running.
· Ability to work nights/weekends and some holidays
Help our target accounts and new businesses see how our brand benefits them by doing business reviews of our brands in their accounts.
· Maintain in-market quality control with all Fire Maker products.
Must have strong problem solving, adaptability and customer service skills
Stay constantly updated on competitor prices and market movements
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and its applications (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
· Be able to assist in other areas of the business as needed
· A minimum of 3 years of practical and professional sales experience in the beer industry
Previous experience in a brewery or beer distributor
· Clean driving record and reliable vehicle with insurance
· Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 120 lbs
· Valid driver’s license
Winning the market mentality
· Familiar with the use of various sales software
· Ability to work flexible days and hours
Ability to become a Certified Cicerone Beer Server within three months
Strong knowledge of the Greater Atlanta beer market
First level Cicerone certification (Certified Beer Server)
· Proactive with an ever present eye to improve Fire Maker’s presence in the Greater Atlanta market
· Positive and friendly, it is important whether with customers or other employees.
Solution oriented, taking an optimistic and persistent approach to problem solving
· Creative, looking for new ideas and approaches to make sure more people know about Fire Maker
· Organized; be able to effectively call accounts in the State of Georgia
· Honest and diligent
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include Vacation/PTO, Paid Vacation, Gas Reimbursement, Oil Changes, Health Insurance, Pension Plan and Beer
*Cover letter and curriculum vitae required for consideration.