Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is a successful, fast-growing, veteran-owned law firm with more than 80 results-oriented attorneys advising and representing domestic and international legal matters. The firm is currently seeking a full-time patent attorney with 0-2 years of experience in its offices in Leesburg, VA, or Chicago, IL, although working remotely from anywhere in the United States is possible. Substantial and meaningful customer contact almost from day one.
Preparation and prosecution of patent applications, which the company will support with strong staff and robust tracking systems.
Rare among entry-level positions, this position will be in direct contact with the customer, after a short training period. The attorneys take full responsibility (supervised and mentored as necessary) to guide new and existing clients through their patent application process, from client intake to reviewing prior art searches and draft illustrations, drafting provisional and non-provisional applications, responses to office actions and USPTO appeals.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong organizational and communication skills required.
- Attention to detail required. Double-checks written communications for accuracy, formatting and grammar while handling confidential information with sensitivity and discretion.
- Education and/or experience in computer software, chemical engineering or both is preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have 0-2 years of patent preparation/prosecution experience.
- MUST be registered with the USPTO.
- MUST be admitted to any state bar.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online.
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig offers:
- Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD)
- 19 days of paid vacation per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Flexible working hours
- work-life balance
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is an equal opportunity employer. We also participate in E-Verify.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for employment at Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig. Reasonable accommodations for applicants not vaccinated against COVID-19 may be made for reasons of health or sincere religious beliefs.
Please mention that you found the position on the Job Board IPWatchdog JobOrtunities™.
About Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig:
Dunlap Bennett & Ludwig is a veteran-owned law firm with local presence and global knowledge that has more than 75 attorneys licensed to practice in more than 40 states and several countries outside of the United States. Our team prides itself on prioritizing and caring for our clients, not only providing a full range of commercial and estate legal services, but – more importantly – building and investing in long-term relationships with individuals and companies we represent.