The Child Rights Alliance is looking for a dedicated individual to join our development/communications team as Donor Services Coordinator, in a non-exempt position.
The Donor Services Coordinator is an integral part of the development/communications team and plays a key role in providing administrative and logistical support to advance the fundraising and mission of the Child Rights Alliance . The position organizes and implements fundraising support activities, including maintenance of donor database systems; process all donation revenue; register gifts and encode gift records; provide historical donations, queries and reports in support of fundraising goals and objects; and prompt processing and filing of donor acknowledgments.
The position reports to and directly supports the Major Gifts and Events Manager while providing team-wide support for major fundraising initiatives, including special events.
The Donor Services Coordinator must be thorough, have strong organizational and communication skills, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. They must be a positive and supportive team player and collaborator. The position requires a high level of computer skills and the ability to work effectively with the donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE: The Alliance for the Rights of the Child is a non-profit organization that provides free holistic legal services and advocacy to young people and families affected by the child protection and juvenile justice systems in the Los Angeles County, and is working to enact policy changes statewide. Our lawyers, advocates and social workers, along with hundreds of pro bono lawyers and community volunteers, work to ensure those we serve have the tools to overcome barriers to stability and success, and access the education, health care and financial supports they need. Since 1992, we have helped over 150,000 children. For more information, visit: www.allianceforchildrensrights.org.
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT/COMMUNICATIONS TEAM: The Alliance is funded by philanthropic donations from individuals, foundations, corporations and other sources. This team leads and manages all fundraising programs and builds awareness and commitment to our mission.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR IMPACT
Processing of gifts
- Enters all gifts, pledges, pledge payments and other financial transactions into the Raiser’s Edge database with speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Processes payment types including checks, cash, credit cards, wire transfers, stocks, payroll deductions, matching gifts, in-kind donations, and internal transfers.
- Reconciles all entries with daily transmissions and prepares them for daily filing.
- Ensures contributions are captured based on donor designation, including adding gift solicitor, soft credits, and other information vital for recognition and stewardship.
- Supports third-party integrations with Raiser’s Edge, including Classy via ImportOmatic.
- Prepares a daily giveaway report and some monthly reports as defined by the Chief Development Officer (CDO)
- Generates reports and documents required for financial statements, annual audit and monthly reconciliation reports to Finance.
- Works with the Comptroller and Senior Development Coordinator on reconciliation. Ensures all transactions received are recorded and adjusts gift records as needed to balance with finances at the end of each month.
- Responsible for the process of preparing gift receipts and acknowledgments, donor tax receipts, tribute cards, invoices and pledge reminders, and other gift-related correspondence, including acquiring signatures appropriate, printing letters, preparing envelopes, inserting and sending
- Provides exceptional customer service to donors regarding receipt reprints, donation and refund requests, and other gift-related matters
Donor database coordination
- Follow database system standard operating procedures, business rules, protocols and user manuals.
- Works closely with the development team to ensure data integrity.
- Assists with regular database maintenance tasks such as removing duplicate entries, making corrections and establishing regular system checks such as locating records with no constituent codes or recipients/greetings.
- Updates voter records, including contact and employment information, and maximizes the efficiency of data reporting.
- Adds new constituent records to the database as required, analyzes the information, and completes all appropriate data fields where the information is available.
- Processes address changes and returned mail, and coordinates necessary updates, as required.
- Maintains the central archive of hard-wired donation documentation.
- Maintains Donor Records: Transfers and uploads documentation of gifts, solicitations, acknowledgments and other correspondence into donor database and digital files.
- Creates and maintains designation records.
- Maintains the structure of attributes, code tables, business rules, configuration items, and all other configuration functions and makes changes to the configuration, code table, and user system role.
- Manage global changes, import, and other global database functions.
- Coordinate database backup and restore procedures.
Reports and administrative support
- Create fundraising reports and other data-driven reports as needed.
- Produces larger internal mailings through list generation and segmentation, mail merges, printing, postage, copying and maintenance of paper and digital files for fundraising or special projects on demand, such as event invitations and calls.
- Monitors and maintains inventory and ordering of office supplies for the development team, including letterhead, envelopes, postage, and other collateral documents.
- Receives, sends, organizes and distributes mailings for the development/communications team, including in-kind donations.
- Assist the Major Gifts and Events Manager with fundraising and cultural events, including event logistics, timelines, vendor coordination, invitation and response lists, revenue reporting, expense budgets, volunteer coordination and in-kind donations.
- Assist with special events and activities by preparing event materials, attending events and providing daytime support.
- Provides general administrative support and event support to the development team as needed.
- Plans and coordinates development/communications team meetings.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the organization’s mission and programs
- Substantial experience with Raiser’s Edge® or other database required
- Highly detail oriented skills with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis, including financial and statistical record keeping skills
- Sensitivity when working with highly confidential financial and non-financial information and ability to maintain complete discretion at all times
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, demonstrating tact, patience and courtesy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat
- An ability to work independently and under pressure, take responsibility, prioritize work, complete tasks on time, work with confidential data, perform repetitive and multiple tasks with precision while simultaneously meeting deadlines
- Ability to analyze data and quickly learn complex data entry codes and procedures
- Ability to understand and follow instructions and complex policies and procedures
- Excellent writing, writing, spelling and verbal skills
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; AA degree acceptable with experience
- Knowledge of graphic design
This job description is general in nature and is not an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities and duties.
Considerations related to Covid-19:
The Alliance is committed to prioritizing and protecting the health and well-being of our employees, their families, our customers and members of our community from the coronavirus COVID-19 above all else. In response to COVID-19 and increased transmissibility with recent variants, and to support a safe environment for all, all new Alliance employees must provide original documentation confirming they are fully immunized upon hire , or for exemption purposes, proof of a qualifying medical exemption or religious belief.
other considerations This position is a full-time, non-exempt position, working a minimum of 2-3 days in the Los Angeles office and remotely the rest of the week, depending on assigned responsibilities and duties. This position may be called upon to work in the office at any time and at the discretion of the employer.
Candidacy : To be considered, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your cover letter any relevant experience, background or perspective, professional or otherwise, that you have working with diverse populations and/or towards racial equity and justice goals.
This is a non-exempt full-time paid position, with an hourly rate of $23.07 to $25.64 ($45,000 to $50,000 per year) DOE.
Perks include generous vacation and paid time off; comprehensive health plans covering 100% of employee medical, dental and vision insurance costs; life insurance; flexible spending accounts for childcare and health expenses; generous retirement savings plan with company contributions to your 403(b) after one year of employment, and discounts on fitness memberships and other activities.
The Children’s Rights Alliance is committed to creating and supporting a culturally diverse and inclusive environment that values the backgrounds and perspectives of all staff members in our work. We strongly encourage people from all traditionally underrepresented communities to apply. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other illegal basis.