Pfeffer Torode, an award-winning architecture and design firm, offers distinctive design solutions in response to project-specific aspirations for a wide range of commercial and residential project types. Pfeffer Torode has offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as Birmingham and Montgomery, Alabama. Our work, concentrated in the Southeast, also extends across the country and internationally.
We are looking for an experienced architectural designer with strong design and communication skills and a willingness to participate in all aspects of the design process. Successful applicants must possess a deep spatial understanding, keen attention to detail, and a willingness to contribute positively to the built environment. Working within a project team, the successful candidate would be responsible for taking on a leadership role on multiple projects. This includes management and production in all phases of the project. The opening is currently in our Nashville office within our sales team. A track record of successfully completed commercial and hospitality projects should be evident through portfolio/work samples.
- Professional degree in architecture, BArch or higher,
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience,
- Architecture license in at least 1 state (preferred but not required),
- Strong conceptual and spatial design abilities (as should appear in sample work/portfolio submission)
- Thorough knowledge of construction, including technical details,
- Knowledge of applicable local codes,
- Experience and willingness to take on a leadership role,
- Experience and ability to produce detailed, high-level construction documents,
- Effective communication, both written and graphic, with the design team, business partners and customers,
- High degree of self-motivation and resourcefulness,
- Desire and willingness to collaborate in a fast-paced and forward-thinking environment,
- Proficiency in industry standard software and authoring software including:
- BIM: Revit
- 2D CAD software: AutoCAD
- 3D modeling: SketchUp
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position; salary will be commensurate with experience and skill level.
The employer provided health care (optical and dental included)
Paid leave (15-20 days onwards + 8 public holidays)
4% 401,000 matches with immediate acquisition (after 1 year of employment)
$100 monthly technology allowance
Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
For more information, visit www.pfeffertorode.com
- 1 PDF including cover letter, CV and examples of relevant work.
- The file must be saved under: yourname_pta_5-7years The size of the file must not exceed 7 MB.
- Submit the pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Architectural Designer 5-7 Years”.
- No phone inquiries please.
Back to task list…