New Providence Memorial Library
Part-time accountant and administrative assistant
● Manage banking transactions including 3x/week cash deposit, funds transfer and monthly statement reconciliation
● Prepare supporting documents for all invoices, pay invoices, reconcile invoice and order discrepancies with suppliers and maintain financial information in QuickBooks
● Prepare financial reports for monthly board meetings
● Prepare other financial or budget reports as needed
● Prepare the documents for the annual audit
● Perform the daily count of money received and prepare the cash drawer and library for opening
● Answer phones and provide support, including interfacing with library circulation system
● Track hours and vacations and maintain reports for all employees
● Attend monthly board meetings, prepare minutes for monthly distribution, maintain agenda and prepare resolutions, prepare records including minutes, agenda, motions, statistics and financial reports and maintain official council filings
● Order office supplies and other supplies as needed
● Manage the repair and billing of public photocopiers and staff, including the monthly usage report
● Other assigned tasks
● Knowledge of accounting and/or accounting principles and procedures acquired through a study program and/or professional experience.
● Proficiency and a minimum of 2 years working with QuickBooks
● A high school diploma. Some college courses are desirable
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and attention to detail
● Experience with PrimePoint or other payroll software
● Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive, in particular Word, Docs, Excel, Sheets, etc.
● Superior oral and written communication skills; tact; excellent interpersonal skills
● High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
● Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
● Ability to work with small amounts of cash and give change to staff
● Experience in a library or non-profit environment an asset
● Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach and carry for long periods of time, as well as lift up to 20 pounds and push carts of up to 40 pounds books
● Must be able to exercise judgment in public service situations
● Customer service experience in a library, office or retail environment, library experience preferred
● A valid NJ driver’s license.
Hours and salary
This is a part-time position of 25 hours/week. Normal working hours would be 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday to Friday as well as 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on board meeting days (3rd Tuesday from September to June). Must be in compliance with NJ First Act. The salary is the NJLA minimum.
Please send your CV and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Bookkeeper & Admin Asst. in the subject line. Interviews will continue until the position is filled.
New Providence Memorial Library, 377 Elkwood Avenue, New Providence, NJ 07974