Hi everyone. It’s me, Karena Garrity, your Daily host. Let’s start this day off right, with a quick guide to the most important things happening these days in town. In this issue you will find…
- Celebrate Mooresville’s 150th anniversary!
- Fines levied for price scanner errors.
- New job!
But first, today’s weather:
A few clouds, then sunny. Top: 48 Bottom: 22.
Here is our first local sponsor. Find out what they can do for you:
Look for a job? Express Employment Professionals places candidates in a wide variety of jobs to support all areas of business, including administrative/clerical services, manufacturing/industrial and professional positions in almost any industry – and they never charge of charges. Hourly pay rates vary at the entry level of $15/hr. at +$22/h. Call Express today at (704) 662-6685 to arrange an interview, or visit them here to learn more.
Want to see your business featured in this spot? Click here to start.
Here are the top stories in Mooresville today:
- According to a Facebook post from Mooresville Parks & Recreation: “The countdown has begun! 2023 marks the 150th anniversary of the city of Mooresville. As part of this year-long celebration, there will be over 150 fun activities to do. in all the city. The first standing! The annual Polar Plunge, presented by the Lake Norman Chapter of Special Olympics. The dive will take place on January 7.” (Mooresville Parks & Recreation via Facebook)
- Help customers save money. According to the Coastland Times, “The Standards Division of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services collected fines from 70 stores in 38 counties for excessive price scanner errors. “Our standards division continues to see a significant increase in the number of stores with price scanner errors as many stores continue to experience staff shortages. ‘inspecting shops to protect consumers,’ said Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler.” (The Coastland Times)
- IIf you’re looking for a new job or considering a career change, the best place to start looking for the perfect person is near you in the Mooresville area. Whether you are looking for full-time or part-time employment, the opportunities are always there. Each week, Patch and ZipRecruiter post a list of the latest local jobs posted in the area. Here are some of the best jobs currently available in Mooresville and greater North Carolina. (Mooresville patch)
Today’s Patch Deals:
Whether you’re enjoying the season or ready to take a nap during the holidays, you deserve a little something for yourself. And these limited-time offers – hand-selected by the Patch Deals team – might be just what you need to start 2023 on a high.
Today in Mooreville:
- Winter Break – Mooresville Senior High School (0h00)
- South Iredell Healthcare Forum – Mooresville-South Iredell Chamber of Commerce (8:30 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Feed CN: “At this table…we serve hope. Here at FeedNC, we strive to bring hope to everyone who walks through our doors. Hope for food, hope for acceptance, hope for support, hope for the future. Can you give someone hope? You can!” (Feed NC via Facebook)
- Mooresville Public Library: “SMArt Kids will be back on January 19 at 4 p.m.” (Mooresville Public Library via Facebook)
- Feed CN: “Volunteers Wanted for NC Med Assist Event January 13, 2023 We need YOUR help to get free medicine and health education into the hands of our neighbors!” (FeedNC via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today! See you tomorrow for your next update.
— Because of Garity
About me: Journalism runs through my veins. I’ve been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; email@example.com.
Do you have a news tip or a suggestion for an upcoming Mooresville Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org