Hello, neighbors! I’m back with your new edition of the Essex-Chester-Deep River Daily. Here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening in the community today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Very hot and humid. High: 87 Low: 71.
Here are today’s top stories in Essex-Chester-Deep River:
- Businesses in the Essex-Chester-Deep River area are looking for new employees, and we’ve rounded up some of the best local jobs listed over the past week. Are you looking for a full-time or part-time job? Here are some of the latest job postings in the area, compiled by Patch and ZipRecruiter. (Essex-Chester-Deep River Patch)
- The drought continues to dominate the headlines in the region and, according to the Connecticut Water Company, last week’s rain was not “drought-proof.” Parts of Connecticut locally experienced heavy rains that helped, but it wasn’t enough. Because the drought continues to worsen, Connecticut Water has stepped up conservation messaging to customers, including businesses. All of Connecticut Water’s service areas are experiencing “severe” or “extreme” drought conditions. On August 26, CT Water sent out an email to customers encouraging wise water use and the elimination of outdoor water use. Do your part and help during this stressful ecological time and help conserve water where and when you can. (TC Water)
- According to a recent email sent by the Region 4 School District, roadwork will likely cause transportation delays for all buses and some vehicles for families, students, and staff starting in the second week of school. “Region 4 was notified last week that the Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) announced that a milling and resurfacing project will be performed on a 3.28 mile segment of Service Road 602 (Main St ./Warsaw St.) in Essex and Deep The project is scheduled for Tuesday, September 6 through Tuesday, September 27. According to the DOT, motorists can expect lane closures between Route 154 in Essex and the Route 80 in Deep River. Traffic control personnel and traffic diagrams will be used to guide motorists through the work area. The regular work schedule for this project is 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday) Schools in Region 4 understand the delay and inconvenience this will cause families and staff across the region, but especially those reporting to JWMS and VRHS They ask that people plan accordingly and budget for additional time for journeys. We foresee that this could cause unavoidable delays for our elementary bus routes. All building managers have been made aware of this situation and have made plans at each of their schools to support students and their families during arrival and departure times. »
Today in Essex-Chester-Deep River:
- Technical Help – Essex Library Association (10:30 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Essex Library: “Friendly talk about trash wasn’t enough to dissuade them from concentrating. Congratulations and congratulations to Sylvia and Steve Lecky, the Puzzlers, who took just under 3 hours to build the puzzle at the first annual Jigsaw Puzzle Tournament of Saturday.” (Essex Library via Facebook)
- Essex Library: “New Free Courses Available in WBDC’s e-Learning Library! http://ow.ly/FCbs50Knmu9 The e-Learning Library provides easy access to take a course at your convenience, at your own pace, according to your schedule. Gain practical knowledge and skills.” (Essex Library via Facebook)
- City of Essex – Government: “DYK that with the rise of online shopping, we produce more than 6.1 million tonnes of cardboard per year at home, but we only recycle around 36% of it? Next time you buy something thing online, help save trees by recycling the box!” (City of Essex – Government via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are officially informed for today. See you tomorrow for another update!
— Because Garry
About me: I am originally from Connecticut and currently reside in the Tri-Town community of Chester, Deep River and Essex. I’ve been a community journalist for most of the past 20 years. I love my small town community and am honored to be part of Patch.com. You can reach me at; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Essex-Chester-Deep River Daily? Contact me at email@example.com