Hello, neighbors! I’m here with your Tuesday edition of the Roseville Daily, filled with all the local news you need to know right now. Today you will read these stories and more…
- Placer County officials say: check roofs and systems for damage from snowfall.
- No victims found after allegations walmart filming.
- Don’t miss Tuesday Taco and Tequila tonight at the Brickyard!
Today’s newsletter is sponsored by Tammy Piini of Brick Lane Real Estate
Does your real estate agent really understand the market?
The real estate market in our region is changing rapidly. Consider:
- The median sale price is down 10% since May
- Sales volume decreased by approximately 25%
- Mortgage rates have risen faster than at any time in the past 40 years
Market developments present opportunities. And whether it’s buying, selling or investing, to find these opportunities you need a real estate agent with deep local knowledge and an understanding of the latest market data and trends.
Tammy Piini of Brick Lane Real Estate has the local expertise to help you find value in a changing market. A resident of the Roseville area for nearly 20 years, she receives accolades from past clients, who praise her responsiveness and professionalism, as well as her passion for helping clients make the biggest financial decision of their lives.
To get a reading of your current home value or to learn more about recent price reductions in our area, call or text Tammy at 916.792.6043 or visit her here on her new website!
Now, today’s weather:
Rather cloudy. High: 52 Low: 36.
Business owners and merchants in Roseville: you want to make known with local customers? I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our readers to local businesses they need to know about. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top stories in Roseville:
- Get ready to eat your weight in meat! Brazilian steakhouse Galpão Gaucho opens its doors at the Galleria in Roseville. Have you ever been to any of these steakhouses? The restaurant is “all you can eat”, and with the cuts they have, you can eat a lot, trust me! Gauchos with skewers come to your table and cut you a slice of whatever they have, including various cuts of beef, pork, seafood, and even pineapple, until you stop them . Oh, and there are sides too. (ABC10.com KXTV)
- If you have a vacation home up the hill where it snows, Placer County officials advise you to monitor the roof and systems for heavy snow accumulation. Also check chimneys and flues. “Blockages can cause carbon monoxide to build up in buildings, creating a potentially hazardous indoor environment. Heavy snow can also cause chimneys to shift, creating potential tripping hazards.” (Roseville today)
- The City of Roseville is hosting a job fair on January 28th. “We are hiring for multiple positions throughout the city of Roseville for part-time, full-time, and seasonal jobs. Some of the current openings include preschool, adult sports, water sports, babysitting, drivers garbage trucks, maintenance workers, libraries, park maintenance, water efficiency and many more.” The event will take place at the Mahany Fitness Center starting at 9:00 a.m. (Press Release Desk)
- Ready for Roseville Today’s next installment of new california laws who can have an impact on the Rosevillians? Today’s session covers “Medi-Cal, Realtors, Juvenile Cases, Sexual Assault, Student Nutrition and More”.
- Roseville Police were called to Walmart Supercenter on Lead Hill Boulevard and Rocky Ridge Drive on Sunday with a report of gunfire. When they arrived, a little after 7 p.m., they saw no trace of shooting. Roseville Police Department spokesman Rob Baquera said police believe “the incident involved two vehicles, neither of which were on the scene when officers arrived. As of Monday morning, no gunshot wounds has been reported in nearby hospitals”. (Bee from Sacramento via MSN)
Today in Roseville:
- To try Tuesday Taco and Tequila at the Brickyard Kitchen and Bar in Roseville. (All day)
- Kids eat free at the University of Beer in Roseville. (All day)
- Head to Chicago Fire Pizza at the Palladio in Folsom for a Painting evening at January sunset. (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- “For our January creation! At the library activity, we will be make snowmen! Available all day in every library from January 16 to 27. Free and open to all. (Roseville Public Library via Facebook)
- “Do you have a tabletop game you want to design, test or develop? Let’s get together and help each other! Bring an idea, a game in development, a game you’d like others to test, or just bring along because you’re curious and maybe just want to have fun!” Tabletop game testing and development takes place on February 6.
- “Soroptimist International (SI) Loomis Basin will host Awareness workshop on stopping trafficking Saturday, February 25, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The free educational event will take place at Loomis Veterans Memorial Hall, located at 5945 Horseshoe Bar Rd., Loomis, CA. Coffee and check-in start at 8:30.
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are now aware and ready to go out this Tuesday! See you soon.
— Jeri Karges
About me: Jeri Karges has lived and loved the Sacramento area for over 30 years. Her passion is finding new and unique ways to enjoy the city and surrounding areas. On the weekends, you can find her nagging her friends for a snack at the restaurant that doesn’t have silverware, or trying her hand at ax throwing. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https://rockinretirement.subst…