Hello everyone. I’m here right on time with your Tuesday edition of the East Cobb Daily. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about what’s happening in town.
Today’s newsletter is sponsored by Julie Brittain of Berkshire Hathaway
Selling a house in a tough real estate market? You need a 5 star real estate agent
Remember when someone listing a house with a roof and a front door could expect multiple offers in a few days? It seems like an eternity ago – even though it was early 2022.
Today’s market is more difficult. But there are buyers. And prices haven’t come down as much in our area as you might expect.
So how do you list your home today and still win? You need an experienced real estate agent with a proven track record in marketing homes and completing transactions.
Fortunately, there is Julie Brittain. Julie has 25 years of real estate experience in the Atlanta area, with extensive knowledge of East Cobb, Roswell and Woodstock. She has a lot of energy, is smart and can’t be pushed around.
What will Julie do to make sure your house sells? Photography and professional staging. Drone videos. She even turned open houses into cocktail parties. In other words: everything you need.
To find out what your home is worth and get in touch with a local force of nature, contact Julie today.
Now, today’s weather:
Rain and storm. High: 62 Low: 53.
Are you a business owner or trader in East Cobb who wants to get noticed, connect with customers and increase sales? If that’s you, then I invite you to see how our newsletter sponsorships combine our local audience with your expertise to attract new customers. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top three stories at East Cobb:
- The former East Cobb Tavern space will soon become Westfield Tavern. The location of the Shallowford Corners shopping center is closing in on opening after Cobb Commissioners approved the granting of a beer, wine, liquor and Sunday pour license to the facility. Managing partner Erik Tierney said they were waiting for a few other things and were in the process of hiring staff before they could officially open the doors to the tavern. (East Cobb News)
- The Master Gardener Volunteers of Cobb County held their annual “Blessing Bag” event this month. The group of volunteers collected more than 150 bags to donate to nonprofits 7 Bridges Recovery Center and Sope for Hope containing toiletries, snacks, socks, gloves, hats, and more. Blankets and tarps were also donated. (East Cobb News)
- As of Sunday, two East Cobb School boys’ basketball teams were ranked No. 1 despite last week’s losses. Wheeler is 4-0 in the state — 9-6 overall — and lost to Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas on Saturday. Mount Bethel Christian lost to No. 6 Paideia 46-43 on Friday, taking the East Cobb school’s record to 13-5. (Subscription: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
Today in and around East Cobb:
- Taco Tuesday / Kids Eat Free! At North River Tavern, Sandy Springs (11:00 a.m.)
- Vision Board Workshop At Inspire Brands (5:30 p.m.)
- January Wine Events: Wines from the Rhône Valley At Stem Wine Bar, Marietta (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Full-time and part-time employment opportunities are available in the East Cobb area. Positions available include Customer Experience Associate, Automotive Service Specialist, Service Assistant, and more. Click on the link for details of companies hiring in the area. (East Cobb Patch)
- New homes have been put up for sale in the East Cobb area! Get full property details on the link. (East Cobb Patch)
- Mark your calendar! The Polar Bear Run event will take place on January 28 at 8:30 a.m. at the Johnson Ferry Baptist Church. (East Cobb News)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Concerts and services:
Alright, so good for today! I will see you soon.
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with an English Literature degree from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.