Hello, Port Jefferson. I’m in your inbox to keep you up to date with everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. Enjoy…
First, today’s weather forecast:
A few heavy thunderstorms. High: 88, low: 68.
Here are today’s top 5 stories in Port Jefferson:
- Author Sarah Anker launched her new book ‘Below the Ocean’ at the Comsewogue Public Library. The story inspires young children to take care of our environment and protect marine animals. (TBR News Media)
- News nearby: An unusual visitor was spotted on Boulevard Avenue in West Islip on Wednesday, July 27. The police department received a call from a resident who saw a wild lynx loose on her property around 10:40 a.m.. (NBC New York)
- Fun summer activities are happening in the Port Jefferson School District. This week, students had a unique experience of “indoor camping”, hearing stories and making s’mores. (Press Release Office)
- The movie ‘Sandlot’ will be on screen at the Stony Brook Fire Department’s 4th Annual Movie Night. The event will take place on August 6, with doors opening at 6 p.m. Food and refreshments will be for sale on site. (Patch Events)
- Check out Patch’s updated list of people hiring in the Port Jefferson area. Check out the latest job postings for people interested in full-time or part-time positions. (Patch)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- teenager code name — Port Jefferson Free Library. (1 p.m.)
- Jason Reilly’s Animal Show — Port Jefferson Free Library. (1 p.m.)
- Teen Stuffed Pizza Sticks — Port Jefferson Free Library. (3 p.m.)
- Bobby Brooks Wilson — Theater Three. (8 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Greater Port Jeff-Northern Brookhaven Arts Council: “Jack’s Waterfall tonight on the Jill Russell Stage at Harborfront Park! Blues with a Big Easy twist! The Sunset Concert Series spins hot every Wednesday through August 31!” (Greater Port Jeff-Northern Brookhaven Arts Council via Facebook)
- Port Jefferson, NY: “Kids will be playing in the fall here in PJ’s Village at Village Courts! Ages 8-14 are welcome to join our recreational league by registering online at: PortJeff.com.” (Port Jefferson, NY via Facebook)
- Greater Port Jeff-Northern Brookhaven Arts Council: “The Sunset Concert Series located at HarborFront Park, Port Jefferson Village features Jack’s Waterfall, blues with a New Orleans kick. The show is at 6:30pm” (Greater Port Jeff-Northern Brookhaven Arts Council via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today! I’ll see you in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update.
— Debora WhiteHead
About me: Do you have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler and nature lover.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.