Hello, Bedford! Here’s everything you need to know to get started today on an informed note. Here’s what’s happening in Bedford today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Weather. today should reach 80! Cloudy sky at the beginning of the day, then partly cloudy at the end of the day. SW winds blowing 5 to 10 mph. High: 80 Low: 63.
Weather this weekend:
- Saturday: Clouds and sun in the morning with cloudy skies in the afternoon. A parasitic shower or a thunderstorm is possible. High 86. Low 63.
- Sunday: Partly cloudy with 50 percent chance of showers or thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 84. Low 61.
Congratulations to our main local sponsors:
- Looking to grow your small business? Terzakis & Associates has been helping small business owners grow and succeed for over 20 years through small business consulting and coaching services. Whether you run a family business, a medical or legal practice, or offer professional services like investing or accounting, Terzakis & Associates can help you with strategy and tactics to thrive — not just survive. Book a free half-hour consultation here to learn more.
- Attention Bedford pet owners! Did you know that Bedford has a new pet store with a large selection of high-quality pet food and supplies, a full-service grooming salon, self-service pet wash, pet boarding and even a dog bakery!?! Friendly Pets on Colby Court is locally owned and family owned – and their passion is your pet. Meet up with your four-legged friend today or learn more here.
- Looking to buy or sell a luxury property in the Bedford area? Marianna Vis of Four Seasons Sotheby’s International Realty has over two decades of experience connecting buyers and sellers of luxury properties in southern New Hampshire. With over 1,000 homes sold and over 150 5-star customer reviews, Marianna consistently delivers results. For a free market valuation and staging consultation, email Marianna today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are today’s top Bedford stories:
- The Town of Bedford is hiring! And you might be the right person for the job. Here is a sampling of open jobs on the Bedford Town website: The Transfer Station is recruiting. We all appreciate being able to bring in our trash, compost, yard waste, recyclables — and sometimes our major appliances! They are looking to hire a part-time attendant, and the job pays up to $23/hour. The Town Clerk’s Office is also looking to fill a part-time position, and if you enjoy reading and books, there is an opening at the Bedford Town Library. The Bedford Police Department is also accepting applications for Bedford’s Best – a full-time officer position, and there are many more openings. Check out other full-time, part-time and seasonal jobs in Bedford here: (Town of Bedford)
- If you want to work at the beach this summer, Seacoast Parks has several positions open. New Hampshire Parks is hiring for “rewarding summer jobs” at the beach. It might not be all “sun and fun,” they said on their website, but it’s “a great experience.” They are looking to fill positions in maintenance, park crew, meter patrol, and sea rescue at all coastal state parks. To apply, contact Laura.email@example.com or call 227-8722. You can see the Seacoast Beach lifeguard schedule and learn more here: (NH State Parks)
- I have a personal affinity for Greek oregano – and had it in my garden. To my delight (and surprise), it comes back every year. If you want to buy plants of all kinds, see the annual report Bedford NH Garden Club Plant Sale Saturday, May 21 from 1 to 3 p.m. at a new location: the Bedford Village Communal Bandstand, 15 Bell Hill Road, Bedford. Organizers said: “It’s in a new look, new time and new location.” You will be able to purchase local herbs ranging from Greek oregano, cilantro, basil, fennel and parsley, as well as selected colorful annuals and perennials, with special varieties of hostas, and much more! Proceeds from the sale will fund the club’s educational programs and maintain its eight community gardens located throughout Bedford for all to enjoy. You can find out more here: (Bedford NH Garden Club)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a partner of the Patch brand. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can rely on, while keeping your home safe.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
Today in Bedford:
- Art creations in sea glass. (6:30 p.m.)
- Lucky Stiff by Majestic Theater Teens. (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- NH Animal Rescue League: “Congratulations to Roxy and her new family. Welcome home, Roxy!” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Bedford Daily? Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can sign up for free.
Thanks for following and staying informed! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
— Paula Constance
About me: Paula is an award-winning freelance writer, author and media producer. She is committed to media projects that empower, engage and help make the world a better place.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Bedford Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org