Hello and happy Tuesday! I’m back in your inbox this morning to take you through all the big things happening these days in Canton and Sixes. Follow the latest news.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather cloudy. High: 87 Low: 67.
Here are the top five Canton and Sixes stories today:
- The cantonal police are asking for the public’s help in locating 62-year-old John Waller. Waller was last seen three weeks ago. He spoke to his family months ago and his last known contact with law enforcement was in June. At this time, the ministry does not know what clothes he is wearing or where he is. A photo of him is shown on the link. If you have any information, please call 770-720-4883 or email email@example.com. Waller’s case number is 202203999. (Township Police Department, GA via Facebook)
- Join the Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services this Friday for a hot dog fundraiser at the Cherokee Senior Center in Canton! All proceeds will be used to purchase box fans and window air conditioners for seniors in need. The event takes place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services via Facebook)
- Looking for a new career opportunity that connects you to the greater Cherokee County community? Cherokee County is looking to hire for several full-time and part-time positions including a water aerobics instructor, truck driver, bus driver and deputy sheriff. Job details and application information can be found at the link. (Cherokee County)
- The River Rock Summer Concert & Festival ends its series this Saturday, August 27. The opening act will be Bogey and the Viceroy with a headlining performance of the fan-favorite electric avenue. The concert will take place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Etowah River Park. Check out the list of vendors offering delicious food and drink at the link. (City of Canton GA via Facebook)
- Family and friends mourn the passing of Navy veteran Peter Valdes of Canton. He died on August 20, 2022, at the age of 82. The family will arrange private services at a later date. Darby’s Funeral Home in Canton will take care of funeral arrangements and memorials can be made at the link. (Legacy.com)
Today in Canton-Sixes:
- Family story time At the RT Jones Memorial Library (10:30 a.m.)
- Sequoyah Regional Library Board Meeting At the RT Jones Memorial Library (4:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The cantonal police congratulate Officer Crowe for completing four years of service in the ministry! Happy Birthday! (Township Police Department, GA via Facebook)
- PUse caution when traveling north on River Green Avenue as the left lane is closed just after you enter the neighborhood. The City of Canton is working quickly to remedy the problem. Check the link for updates. (Township Police Department, GA via Facebook)
- Atkins Systems is looking for an Administrative Assistant in Canton. This position is Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by and complete an application at 91 Barrett Springs Dr. in Canton. (Patch)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
That’s all for today. I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Sean Peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a degree in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a writer, editor, SEO specialist and marketing manager for various digital media companies. He is currently co-owner and operator of content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.